Last updated on 22nd May 2018
Spearmark Health Ltd (“Spearmark”) respect your privacy and we will do all that we can to protect your personal data.
- Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information collected and stored by Spearmark might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number (to the extent permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and related legislation (“GDPR”).
Spearmark may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Spearmark to “keep in touch” about our products
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to Spearmark when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- Legal Basis for Processing Data
We collect and use your data as stated above, the legal basis for processing this data is as follows:
- In accordance with your consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- In order to protect your vital interests or those of others
- Storage, Security and retention of your information
Spearmark will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Spearmark uses and the security policies which Spearmark has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Spearmark use the services of third party companies in order to operate our website and to ensure internet security for data storage and processing of transactions.
Whilst we will implement the security measures detailed above, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore transmission via the internet is at your own risk.
- Use of Your Information
Spearmark may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the GDPR) for the following purposes:
- in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Spearmark (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- For generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Spearmark website and other services and developing Spearmark marketing plans.
Spearmark may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the GDPR) as follows:
- To selected freight organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email about shipping your consignment;
- To such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Spearmark compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Spearmark and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Spearmark to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on Spearmark website; and
- To any individual making a subject information request to Spearmark.
In the event that Spearmark is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Spearmark business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Spearmark is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Spearmark by the third party.
Spearmark will use your information when booking consignments for dispatch with third party forwarding clients. These third party clients are GDPR compliant and are listed as follows:
– UK Mail
– Royal Mail
Spearmark uses two main forms of online payment processing gateways, these are Braintree and PayPal both of which are GDPR compliant.
- Your Rights and How to Exercise them under the GDPR
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation are as stated below; we have also included the methods of how to exercise these rights:
- The right to request and rectify your personal information at any time.
- The right to restrict and object to the processing of data.
- The right to object to direct marketing.
- The right to port your data.
- The right to withdraw consent and request the deletion on personal information at any time.
You can exercise any these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
We hope that we can address any concerns that you may have, but you can always contact the information commissioner’s office (ICO).
For more information, please visit www.ico.org.uk
- How to contact Spearmark with questions
3 Howard Rd
Alternately you can contact our customer service team by phone at: +44(0)1480 471976
When you visit Spearmark website, Spearmark uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies Spearmark use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to Spearmark website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to Spearmark website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the Spearmark website that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on Spearmark website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website if you do so.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
This website uses the following cookies:
|These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, such as the number of visitors and pages visited. We collate and retain information for reporting and monitoring purposes, in order to improve our website.||Google Analytics|
|r/collect||Third party cookie that tracks users across multiple devices to display advertising via Google Analytics||doubleclick.net|
|Collection of internal metrics for user activity, used to improve user experience.||WordPress.com|
|WooCommerce ecommerce session cookies used to ensure shopping cart functionality||WooCommerce|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Spearmark does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the Spearmark website, Spearmark may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date